Graham and I have birthday's two weeks apart (however I am two years older then he is). Since our birthday's fell on a Saturday this year, we started celebrating on Friday and referred to the weekend as "Birthday Weekend". We have had fun making each other feel special. Graham took me to dinner Friday night to Grille 29 where we had a delicious dinner and great one on one time together. Saturday morning we all went to breakfast. We usually go to Panera, but we changed it up and went to Blue Plate Cafe for pancakes. We then came home and loaded up the Big Green Egg with ribs for an afternoon of bbq and football. Graham's parents and his brother, sister in law and their two kids came over to celebrate and watch football. We had a great time watching Alabama beat Ole Miss (didn't hurt watching Auburn lose either...sorry all my sweet friends who are Auburn fans) and then enjoyed a delicious dinner together. It was all topped off with Red Velvet cupcakes from Gigi's. Birthday weekend was a hit!
Up next on the list of things to look forward to...My parents are moving to Huntsville today!! We are so thrilled to have them living in our city. We love Huntsville and hope they will too. They are renting for a few months while they look for a house. What a blessing it will be for us to see them on a regular basis and for Clayton to get to spend so much time with his Mamaw and Papaw.
Also, if you notice the ticker to the right, we are 19 days and counting until the arrival of Ann Wilson. I'm hoping for an early delivery, but know it's likely I will go over my due date as I did last time. God's timing is best and I know he'll bring her when she's ready. As for me, I'm ready! Exciting times in the Burgess household. God has been so good to bless us with so many wonderful "happenings" in our life. We are so grateful!
Here's a picture of me at 37 weeks for those who have asked for preggo pics. Wish I could say "objects on computer look bigger than they actually are", but it is what it is!
Graham and I before Graham took me to dinner.
Monday, October 12, 2009
"Birthday Weekend"
Posted by The Burgess Family at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look precious!!! I'm so excited for you that your parents are moving to Huntsville!
Happy late birthday! You look beautiful-truly! Cant wait to see pics of Ann Wilson!
Post a Comment