Well, I ran my first 5K on Memorial Day and I accomplished my goal .... to finish without walking! Needless to say I ran at a very slow pace in order to run the entire race therefore I will not be posting my time. Just 6 weeks ago I could only run about a mile and a half. Last week I ran 3 miles on three different days. On Saturday, Graham and I put Clayton in the jogger and took a 3 mile jog through the nearby historic district. (Graham ran the race with me at my slow pace. He could have finished much faster but he chose to stay and encourage me. I'm sure this was a shot to the pride, but I think he's wonderful!) So, I'm proud to say I did it but hope to increase my pace and distance over time. I'm not sure if I like running enough to train for a marathon, but I definitely like getting better at something. As a bonus, I think my pregnancy helped with my asthma. I can usually never run without taking my inhaler first. Since Clayton's birth I haven't had to take my inhaler when exercising. I'm loving this!!
Is anyone out there watching "So You Think You Can Dance"? If not, you should add this to your summer viewing. I'm going on season 3 of this wonderful show and it gets better each year. It's from the same producers as "American Idol". On into the season I may even be so bold as to say I like it better than "American Idol". I'm no dancer (although I'd like to think I have a little hip-hop in my soul) but this show is so much fun. Check it out - Wednesdays on Fox. (unfortunately I am not getting paid for this advertisement).
I am due up for taking some new pictures but here is a picture of me and Clayton on a picnic with friends!
Friday, June 1, 2007
Boston Marathon ... Here I Come!
Posted by The Burgess Family at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I wish you could have come too. Next time you plan to be in Bham we need to make plans to get together and have MG come up here to meet us! congrats on your run! hey, have you weighed Clayton lately? miss you! T
So proud of you and your race! What a fun day - let's do it again sometime. Races are so much fun, and you did great. Yea for you!
Hey, great accomplishment with the race. I am needing to get out running more. We got a jogger for that very reason! And, oh my gosh, how great is this season of 'So You Think You Can Dance'!!! Did you see the guy with scoliosis? I almost cried it was so fantastic! talk soon!
Sarah - that's so awesome you ran a marathon! I will have to check out So You Think You Can Dance since all my other shows are over for the summer. You look great, by the way!
Rachel Norris
Congrats on the run! I need some tips on how to run with the jogging stroller...I still feel like a goon trying to run and push that thing. Oh yeah, I like the cameo of Melanie on the picnic picture!
Wow...I'm impressed! I probably couldn't even run A mile!! But, then again you are "top notch." Ha! Ha!
Sarah, so good to hear from you on our blog! Got your blogsite from Kelly. Your baby boy is precious, I know you are having fun with him. Running, that's awesome. Wish I loved to run. You look great! I will stay in touch.
Haley
i had fun reading all the updates and catching up on you! clayton is so sweet! i love the pic of him and his daddy dressed alike! too cute! i too am impressed with your new hobby of running! i need to do something to get my baby weight off! i just need to find the energy to do it! ha- that could be awhile!
sarah, will you email. when my computer crashed, i lost all my email addresses and i have a question?! thanks!
Good job Sarah! How fun!
Post a Comment