We just got back from a weekend in Seaside, Florida. My in-laws have had a home there for the last 15 years. It is so great to have a place at the beach to vacation. Clayton's name was recently added to the sign on the house!
Going to the beach is a lot different then it used to be but we had a blast. We spent the mornings down at the beach, the afternoons walking around shops and relaxing and the evenings eating great food. Two of the mornings we got up around 7:00 a.m. put Clayton in the stroller and walked to the Starbucks in Watercolor (the new community next to Seaside). We sat outside in rocking chairs and enjoyed a cup of coffee.
We had great weather for the beach. I strapped Clayton into the Baby Bjorn and we headed down to catch some rays. Some friends let us borrow their baby tent to take down to the beach. We used it the first day but on the second day we set up shop on some rented beach chairs under an umbrella. Clayton slept!
Clayton and I were waiting for daddy to take a shower so we could head to dinner at 3 Thirty 1 (one of our very favorite restaurants ever!!). Daddy was nice enough to snap this picture before showering.
We took a family picture before heading out for dinner and a stroll around Seaside. I dressed Clayton while Graham was getting dressed. When Graham came in the room they had on the same thing. It was unplanned but adorable. Many of the other Seaside residents thought so as well!
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Trip to Seaside
Posted by The Burgess Family at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We were just in Seagrove...we may have been there around the same time. I definitely agree it is totally different with children. Try adding a 4 year old in the mix and it's really not relaxing much at all! I love all the new pictures!
I LOVE this family - ya'll are too cute! I know you had a blast, but we missed you at the weekend o' church! Anyway, Seaside looks fabulous - looks like a GREAT place to take a GIRLS trip sometime!
See you soon!
Such sweet pictures Sarah! Loved the matching outfits. You look great!
Thanks for posting the pictures of your trip. They are so good! I love to go to Watercolor. I am trying to talk one of my girls into getting married there...of course I would love for somebody, anybody to be getting married so don't read too much into that statement!
Post a Comment