CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 12, 2007

Tough Guy/Good Sleeper

Clayton went in for his 2 month doctor's visit today. He weighed in at 9 pounds 13 ounces and measured 23 inches long. He's in the 10th percentile for weight (meaning he is smaller than the average baby his age), and 50th percentile for height. The doctor said that was great, that he had plenty of time to "get fatter". He had to have 3 shots today and may I just say he was a champ! He screamed out after the first shot and cried through the other two, but as soon as he received his liquid vaccination he was quiet. The boy loves anything he can drink. Needless to say I was very proud of him. He slept for a couple of hours after the doctors visit and has been happy the rest of the afternoon. Hopefully that will last into the night.

Two days ago, when Clayton was exactly 2 months, he started sleeping in the crib in his room. He has been sleeping in a pack and play next to the bed in our bedroom. This was convenient since I was nursing every 3 hours. However, he began sleeping for longer periods so I thought I would make the move. Last night he slept from 9:30 p.m. to 3:45 a.m. I got up to nurse him and he went back to sleep until 7 a.m. I think it's just a matter of time before he drops the middle of the night feeding and is sleeping through the night. Yahooooooo! Mamma loves her sleep!

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm jealous of Clayton sleeping so well...I can only hope that Ellie Kate will be that good in 6 more weeks! Any tips? He is so cute and I'm glad you got some good time with your family.

Rachel Norris

The Cate Family... said...

hey, great blog!!! Clayton looks so wonderful. You'll be sleeping through the night in no time - julian