I am mostly finished with the babies room and decided I would post a few pictures. I was able to use almost all of the same furniture from Clayton's nursery with the exception of the white chest of drawers which I snagged from my closet. I didn't have to buy any new furniture. I also used the same Pottery Barn bedding that Clayton used. It is white with chocolate piping and matches everything. The pictures don't show the color of the room that well. The paint color is a Ralph Lauren Vintage color called Pink Sunset. Now, if I had had a girl first, I probably would have gone with green or light blue for her room. But, since I had a boy first, and everything has been wonderfully all boy for 2 1/2 years, I decided to go very feminine with the babies room. It is fun to stand in the hallway in between both kids rooms and see how different they look. I don't have any pictures of Clayton's room and he is asleep right now or I'd take a few. So, here is what I have so far...I found these mirrors at an antique store in town. They are old tin ceiling tiles.
This picture if pretty washed out from the window light. The sconces are some I had already that I painted and distressed. My sister dried some flowers from her yard for me to put in the bud vases. The little white table was Graham's parents. I bought some pink crystal knobs from Anthropologie for the drawers.
This is a chest of drawers I've had since college that was given to me. I've painted it several times. I also painted the little painting above the chest. I copied it from a painting I found on The Land of Knod website. The crystal and silver lamp matches the floor lamp by the chair.
The changing table from Clayton's room and the babies initials above. I painted the frame and letters and hung them from green ribbon that matches the mirrors. Now, what do these initials stand for you ask?... Ann Wilson Burgess. Ann was my middle name before I got married as well as my mother's middle name, and Wilson is my mom's maiden name. We plan to call her Ann Wilson however, I'm sure she will have many sweet little names given to her by daddy and big brother as well as myself.
I still have a few things to add, including curtains for the window. It's hard to take pictures of this room during the day as the sunlight washes it out. But, they'll have to do for now. Until next time, 9 1/2 weeks and counting till she gets here!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
The Babies Room & Name
Posted by The Burgess Family at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! This looks fantastic (no surprise there). I love it! It's going to be just perfect for the newest little girl to the brood (and second double named child :-) I like it all...little Ann Wilson - perfect playmate for my Kate!
It's precious and her name is perfect!
I love the name Ann Wilson, and the room looks great! Can't wait to meet her!
Ugh, this just gave me anxiety!! I haven't even started and can't until after the kitchen. Oh well, I keep telling myself he doesn't NEED a room. Maybe I need a room!! :)
You have such great taste, Sarah! Love the room and love the name. Enjoyed seeing you last night -- you look great!
looks great Sarah! now I want to see your cute preggo belly?!!!
I don't know how I missed this post...but I love her room and her name!!! Both are so classy and beautiful!! Great job!
Post a Comment