As Graham, Clayton and I were all laying in the bed Saturday morning, as is often our morning routine when Clayton wakes up, Graham informed me that today (Saturday) would be my special day. He wanted to take me out Sunday night for Mother's Day but could only get a baby sitter for Saturday night. I was perfectly okay with this idea. He had already scheduled the baby sitter to come so he could take me to see a "romantic comedy" that I had mentioned several times I wanted to see. He also informed me that I would not be changing any diapers for the weekend. What a treat! He always helps out with Clayton, but it was nice to not change a single diaper. It was also nice that he had spent time during the week tracking down a baby sitter and I didn't have to make any of the plans.
So, the babysitter arrived and we headed out to Bridge Street to Monaco Theaters. We ordered our large popcorn and drinks and found our seats. It's always fun to get popcorn at the theater, but Graham really loves popcorn. In the past when we've been to movies and ordered popcorn, Graham usually inhales it during the previews before the movie even starts. However, for our Mother's Day night out he ate extremely slow and showed great restraint as he wanted to make sure I got all the popcorn I wanted. This was very obvious to me and only made me smile more during our night together. Once we got home we sat out on our back patio in our comfy new patio furniture and just enjoyed a nice mild night. We talked some and just sat quietly as well. It was fun just being together.
Thank you Graham for a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Thank you Lord for blessing me with the most amazing little boy and another child on the way! Being a mother is such an honor and privilege.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Mother's Day Saturday
Posted by The Burgess Family at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a special day! Graham is always so thoughtful, and the popcorn thing is hilarious! We scarfed down our popcorn before the movie started on Sunday as well! Whoops! Happy M-day!
Post a Comment