Not too much to report. Things here are great and I'm enjoying the Fall weather. We enjoyed a nice weekend in Huntsville after being out of town the last three weekends. Friday night around 5:30 Graham and I headed to our newly decorated front porch to sit and catch up. We then decided to take Clayton and our basset hounds Copper and Eddie for a short walk. When we got back we gave Clayton his bottle. He usually goes to bed at 8:00, but since he missed his afternoon nap he went to sleep at 7:00. So Graham and I had the rest of the night to ourselves. We grabbed ourselves something to drink and went back to the porch. We lit the candle in the lantern on the table as it was now getting dark. It was so nice. For dinner we roasted red potatoes with garlic and rosemary and grilled some nice fillet mignon that Graham's parents had given us as one of Graham's birthday presents. We warmed up some garlic bread and took it to the porch with our drinks. We then had our steaks by candlelight and I managed to convince Graham to share a dance with me in the den after dinner. We made some decaf coffee and sat down for a good movie. It was a great night.
Saturday morning we got up for our regular trip to Panera for bagels. After running around and enjoying the great weather we headed to some friends house to watch the game. Not much of a game I might add. What's happening to the Tide? Lets hope things turn around quickly. Anyways, I'm grateful for a great weekend at home. I really love Huntsville and am always glad to spend weekends here.
Clayton is fabulous. He wants to crawl so bad he can't stand it. He smiles all the time and continuously adds joy to our lives. No pictures to add this week. I'll be taking some soon. By the way, for those of you I got to see at the AL vs. GA game, it was so great to see you all. I wish we could get together more often. Have a great week and Happy October!!
Monday, October 1, 2007
Happy October
Posted by The Burgess Family at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, Sarah...your post made me miss life before 5 & 6 year-olds! A candelight dinner at HOME with no kids running around...I guess we have about 18 years or so to wait for those days to return!
I can just imagine the two of you dancing while little Clayton sleeps away...what a sweet picture!
Post a Comment