Two of my friends from college brought their babies to my sister's baby shower. Madeline (Teresa Poole's daughter) on the left is 10 days younger than Clayton and Ellie Kate (Rachel Norris's daughter) on the right is 6 weeks younger.
Me (and Clayton) with my sister Deborah at her baby shower.
As some of you may or may not know, I have an older brother and a younger sister. My brother, Preston and his wife Julian had a baby girl two weeks and four days before Clayton was born. They named her Amelia Kennedy Cate. My sister is currently pregnant and due in May. She and her husband Will are having a girl and naming her Catelyn Marie Lawler. So, my parents will go from 0 grandchildren to 3 in a matter of 5 months! It has been so exciting for all of us to have children so close to one another. Unfortunately none of us live in the same city. My brother is in North Carolina and my sister lives in Birmingham. My parents are in Tuscaloosa so they have to travel to see all of their grandchildren.
This past weekend I had the privilege of helping throw a baby shower for my sister. It was a nice party with several of her college friends in attendance. It was fun to see some old friends, most of whom have had children in the past year. It seems like just yesterday those same friends and I were hanging out at a friends apartment at the University of Alabama talking about who had a crush on whom and what we were going to do after college. Time flies by so fast. Graham and I went to grab some dinner tonight and spent most of our conversation reminiscing about our engagement. We recapped that night with smiles on our faces. Now we have been married a little over 2 years and have a son. Do you ever have that feeling where you wouldn't trade what you have now for anything but occasionally wish you could go back to how things used to be? There are times when it would be fun to relive the occasional college experience and there are definately times when I wish Graham and I could up and go wherever we wanted knowing we had the entire night to spend with each other uninterupted. However, being married to Graham and having a baby are the most amazing things that have ever happened to me and I wouldn't trade them to relive any experience over again. God has been so good to bless me with such an amazing family. It will be fun years from now to look back on this time in my life and reminisce about the first years of marriage and tiny babies. I am certain the smiles will grow even bigger.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Family and Friends
Posted by The Burgess Family at 8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ellie Kate and I had fun seeing you and Clayton at the shower! We have cute kids! It is crazy how fast life is going by and we are now in this crazy baby stage!
Rachel Norris
I agree with your comments about loving your life...but how fun it would be to go back to college for like a day...It was so fun to see you a few weeks ago. Clayton is precious and Neely loved him! And, I don't know about Lincee. I will check with my friend who knows her and get back with you.
Post a Comment