CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Hallelujah! I think having a 3 year old caused me to focus more on the awesomeness of why we celebrate Easter. For the past couple of weeks I have been explaining to Clayton why we celebrate Easter. Now if I ask him why we celebrate Easter he says "because Jesus died on a cross and now he is ALIVE!" The volume and excitement in his voice increase as he says this. How refreshing to hear a young child get excited at the knowledge that Jesus is alive. It is so much more exciting than I give it credit for. In the powerful sermon my pastor preached yesterday, he said "If Jesus was not raised from the dead than my faith is worthless." I believe in a risen Savior. I am saved by grace though faith! Hallelujah! He also said, "If the tomb is empty, nothing else matters. If Christ has been raised from the dead, that's all I need!" Do I live like I believe that? That Christ is all I need? Unfortunately most often I don't. I find myself throughout my days thinking of all the things I "need" (or more likely want) to satisfy me and give me fulfillment. More time with my husband, a new faucet for the kitchen sink, my 3 year old to poo poo in the potty, my pre-baby body back and on and on the list goes. While some of these things aren't bad (I really do want more time with my husband) they are not what I ultimately need. I ultimately need a risen Savior and praise God that I know him! I have a personal relationship with him. He chose me to be his very own despite the fact that I'm a wretched sinner who does not deserve him. Thank you Lord for taking my sin and the sins of all your children to the cross. Thank you for dying in my place. Thank you for the empty tomb where your lifeless body once lay! Thank you for saving me!




2 comments:

gburges3 said...

I think you are the greatest I have ever met.

Teresa said...

I think your post-baby body is hot!