Clayton and I did some Valentine's baking today. I have been wanting to make some shortbread cookies for a while, so I figured this was as good a time as any. I found a fun little cookie cutter at Hobby Lobby that stamps little imprints on the cookies. I also made some strawberry cupcakes. My sister was in town for the day so she helped me pipe icing on them and top them off with sprinkles. Somehow I mustered up enough self control to not eat a cupcake and only eat half a shortbread cookie. We are sending the cupcakes to work with Graham for the Real Estate department of Lanier Ford to enjoy. The shortbread cookies were put into little cellophane bags with hearts and tied with ribbons to be given out to Clayton's friends. Ann Wilson enjoyed napping during most of the baking festivities. She did get to sit in the Bumbo seat for the first time today. My sister brought it back from Birmingham. I think it will come in handy. I hope you all have a Happy Valentines and enjoy spending time with your loved ones. I'm looking forward to a date with my handsome man Saturday night!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day
Posted by The Burgess Family at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my soul, those are the CUTEST! I am very impressed and motivated - maybe I need to do something like that :-) The little packages turned out WAY cute! Go girls!!!
Those are even cuter than you described. What a fun day with your sister!
The cookies turned out too cute! Lauren told me she decided to make some today after telling her you were making them yesterday. So fun making sweets. Clayton looks like such a big boy and that picture, and Ann Wilson...I could just eat her up she's so stinking cute!!!!!!! Had fun yesterday!
Deb
Post a Comment