Meeting my baby girl for the first time.Clayton and Ann Wilson meeting for the first time.
Family of Four
Ready to go home.
Best Daddy in the world!
The Birth Story...
I was scheduled to have a c-section on Monday, Nov. 9th, 9 days past my due date. On the previous Friday night, I started having contractions. I was instructed not to labor at home since I was attempting a vbac. So, from 1-3 in the morning Friday night I had contractions every 4-6 minutes. I finally woke Graham up and we headed to the hospital. We checked in and they put me on the monitor. I continued to have contractions. They weren't super strong but they were there. Around 5 a.m. they checked me and I was at 1 centimeter. So, I continued to wait. The contractions wore off a bit and a few hours later I was less then a centimeter. So, we were given the option to start Pitocin. We decided to go ahead with that plan. Once the Pitocin was started the contractions picked up in intensity. I began to have some pretty painful contractions. More time went by and they decided to break my water. The contractions continued and were very painful. After several more hours I had finally progressed to 3 centimeters. Everything looked fine to continue to labor (as opposed to go straight to c-section) so I continued to labor. I was in a lot of pain so I got an epidural. This definitely eased the pain and allowed me to rest a little. However, once my epidural set in my blood pressured dropped to around 70/30. As a result of my blood pressure dropping, the babies heart rate went up. So, I was given different medicines in my drip to get things settled. All the while, Bama and LSU are head to head in the background. I had to lay on my left side for heart rate purposes and couldn't see the TV, so I had Graham giving me updates. By now it is late afternoon and I have been in labor for a while. After laying on my left side for a while, my left leg went totally numb and for some reason this sent me into a slight panic. I am not one to have panic or anxiety attacks, but I was about to have one. I was numb, stuck in the bed, not progressing very fast and feeling like the baby would never come. I got really anxious and was worried I was going to freak out. The nurse gave me an oxygen mask to put on to help me regulate my breathing and then the best part of the whole labor came next. My sweet husband rolled a chair over next to my bed and held my hand. For the next hour we sang hymns together, one after the other. I would start singing a hymn and he would join right in. My heart rate went down and I became very peaceful. Praise God for his Word set to music. After an hour or two of singing and breathing and holding my husband's warm hand they checked me again. After about 18 hours of labor I was only at 5 centimeters. Graham and I decided that it was probably time to go ahead with the c-section. We didn't want to increase the risks I already had. So, around 8:00 p.m. we decided to move forward with the c-section. Things moved quickly from there. We were rolled back to the OR and everyone got to work. At 8:40 I heard the most beautiful cry from the other side of the curtain and my baby girl was born. She was perfectly healthy and didn't have any breathing problems. (This was a great concern of mine since Clayton spent several hours in the NICU with breathing problems after his c-section). They stitched me up and moved me to recovery and an hour and half later I was holding my daughter.
Wow, that was long but that's the story. She has been the easiest baby so far. Clayton was and is extremely laid back but Ann Wilson is proving to be even more so. She never cries except maybe right before she eats. She mostly just sleeps at this point. We have only been home for a few hours but it has been such a pleasant day. The experience is night and day from bringing home our first child. I am so grateful to have her here and to be a family of four. God is so good to bless us with these precious children. I will continue to update as the days go by and I get to know this sweet little girl. Thank you all for your many prayers.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Introducing Ann Wilson Burgess
Posted by The Burgess Family at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a beautiful girl! Congratulations! I hope that your easy baby stays that way! I'm glad that you got to experience labor (as weird as that sounds) and I'm glad that everyone is happy and healthy!
Congratulations Sarah! Jason and I were praying for you. Ann Wilson is gorgeous--just like her momma! I loved your birth story--and the hymn singing. How truly special! After such a long labor, I'm so glad to hear she is such a great baby! Congrats again and hope to make it up to see y'all soon!!
Congrats! She is beautiful and I think she looks just like you! What a sweet birth story too!
Finally - an update! We are so happy for you guys and are continuing to pray for you! I'm so thankful that it all went according to "God's plan." Isn't that what matters? :-) Keep resting, and we will see you on Friday when we bring supper! Can't wait to see you guys!
congrats!!! she is BEAUTIFUL! i am so happy you are doing great, and looking great i might add.:) hopefully we can see ya'll soon. that was hilarious about you stressing about the bama vs. lsu game. i would be the same way.
she is so precious Sarah!!! I can't wait to meet her. I'm so sorry that your labor was so long and hard...but so thankful that you are both healthy and doing great now! We'll be up there for Tgiving and would love to drop by to see her!(:
She's beautiful! And so much hair!
I LOVE your family of four!
Beautiful baby girl and I enjoyed reading the labor story! Hope things are still going well.
Post a Comment