CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Take a Hike


That is what we did last Saturday morning. Graham, Clayton and I headed up to Monte Sano Mountain a few miles from our house and walked the trails. It was an overcast day and had just sprinkled, so the temperature was absolutely perfect for the walk. It was so fun to look around at all the trees and rocks and just enjoy being outside without distraction. We were the only ones out there and it was extremely peaceful. We walked to the end of the trail where there is this huge white cross that you can see from the bottom of the mountain. It has a much greater impact from up close. It was neat to literally be at the foot of the cross. I wish this is where I was spiritually all the time. Anyway, it was a fun outing with my precious boys!


4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

So cool! You know we love Monte Sano =). Tell me what trail y'all did to see this cross? We have done several, but I was unaware of that particular one. Clayton looks like such a big boy hiking w/ his daddy! What fun!

Still praying for you guys...

Deb said...

super cute pictures!! what a fun day! will and i need to do stuff like that.

Amy said...

Love the pictures! I've always wondered who put that cross there. Do you know?

The Cate Family... said...

Hey! I've been thinking of you lately. Hope you guys are doing good. I love going on mini hikes with P. and A. It really offers so much serinity when you are out there in the quiet with the ones you love