Me and my man spent the first week of May in Napa, California. We flew into San Francisco, rented a car and drove to Napa. It was so great! We stayed in this quaint Inn right between Napa and Yountville. We spent our days driving through the Valley exploring all the different towns and taking in God's beautiful creation. We toured Cakebread Cellers, stopped at several wineries, ate delicious food and did a lot of hand holding! (You don't get to hold hands very much when you've each got a child in your arms) We really missed our babies but we loved having so much one on one time together. Graham and I love to go joy riding. On our last day, we got in our rental car and drove.....and drove.....and drove! It was great. We had the windows down and the radio on. We drove through several towns, stopping at a little Italian Cafe for lunch. We drove up the winding hills where you could see vineyards for miles. I especially enjoyed the millions of roses covering the Valley. They are everywhere...in almost every front yard, at the beginning of a row of grapevines, surrounding restaurants and hotels. They were gorgeous! We had a great trip and
made some sweet memories!
The Inn where we stayed. Our room was on the far right.
Our Room
Enjoying coffee at the Napa Valley Roasting Company
Delicious lunch at Hurley's
These were everywhere!
Just finishing wine and cheese at the Inn and headed to a show at the Napa Opera House.
The lobby of our Inn. There are vineyards everywhere!
Friday, May 21, 2010
NAPA
Posted by The Burgess Family at 8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now I can really picture where you stayed! I must have smiled a hundred times that week thinking of what a great time you were having. That rose topiary is gorgeous!
I'm dying to go back there...really is the most beautiful place ever! Glad y'all had a good time! Sorry I led y'all astray on the French Laundry..new it was super pricey but not $150pp- that's insane. Guess I should start saving up now for next time..it's definitely on my list of places to eat!
Post a Comment